Reward offered in USC fatal hit-and-run
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the hit and run driver who killed one USC student and injured another. The reward, approved by the Board Tuesday, is contingent on a conviction in the case.
Adrianna Bachan and Marcus Garfinkle, both age 19, were in a crosswalk at Jefferson Blvd. and Hoover St. near the USC campus around 3 a.m. Sunday, when a car heading east on Jefferson ran a red light and hit them.
Bachan was killed. According to the Daily Trojan student newspaper, she was a freshman from Santa Barbara.
Garfinkle, who the paper describes as a freshman from Scottsdale, Arizona, was seriously injured. He remained hospitalized on Tuesday.
According to witnesses, after hitting Bachan and and Garfinkle, the driver stopped long enough for a passenger to get out and remove Garfinkle from the hood of the car, then took off.
The car was black, and believed to be a 1999-2002 Honda Accord or Toyota Corolla. It had a broken windshield and front-end damage.
Anyone with information was asked to call L.A.P.D. detectives at (323) 290-6063 during regular business hours, or (877) LAPD-247 at night or on weekends.
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES FROM LOS ANGELES
SEND TIP || REPORT TYPO || TWEET @abc7 || WIDGET
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins 41 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 21 min ago
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced 43 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Lose weight playing video games, study says
5 min ago