Man detained for boarding plane in disguise
VANCOUVER, Canada (KABC) -- In a bizarre breach of airline security, a young Asian man was detained after boarding an Air Canada flight in Hong Kong disguised as an elderly white man.
Mid-flight, the passenger went into the restroom and took off what turned out to be a silicone mask.
Border agents were waiting when the plane landed in Vancouver and took him into custody. He asked for refugee status but it is still not clear why. He was being held Friday by border security as they tried to sort it out.
airport, airplane, airport news, airport security, eyewitness news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 13 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 52 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'
- LA launches campaign to shut illegal pot...
32 min ago