Beauty pageant winner scorned for being a mom
SOUTH CAROLINA (KABC) -- A high school beauty pageant winner is fighting back against complaints about her qualifications.
Elizabeth Wright was thrilled when she was named Miss Chapin High, but her moment was spoiled when people jeered at her because she is also a teen mom.
Wright has also been banned from competing in the Miss South Carolina teen pageant because she's a mother, and she says that's discrimination.
"I personally think if I have a baby and I can't do a pageant, then if you've had sex you can't do a pageant," Wright said.
While Wright will not be competing in her state's Miss Teen pageant, she has her hands full with her baby and her school work.
pregnancy, eyewitness news
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 48 min ago
- Azusa cheerleader dies from rare lung cancer 58 min ago
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics 43 min ago
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Photos: 'Modern Family' home selling for $2.35M
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)