Beauty pageant winner scorned for being a mom
SOUTH CAROLINA (KABC) -- A high school beauty pageant winner is fighting back against complaints about her qualifications.
Elizabeth Wright was thrilled when she was named Miss Chapin High, but her moment was spoiled when people jeered at her because she is also a teen mom.
Wright has also been banned from competing in the Miss South Carolina teen pageant because she's a mother, and she says that's discrimination.
"I personally think if I have a baby and I can't do a pageant, then if you've had sex you can't do a pageant," Wright said.
While Wright will not be competing in her state's Miss Teen pageant, she has her hands full with her baby and her school work.
pregnancy, eyewitness news
- CO school gunman dead, 2 students injured 3 min ago
- Car bomb plot thwarted at Kansas airport 33 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 32 min ago
- Body found near East Los Angeles College
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 2nd woman in purported mercy killings ID'd
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Mom with cancer inspires daughter's friend
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'