Sikh -- How do you pronounce it?
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- On recent editions of Eyewitness News, you may have noticed a different pronunciation than you're used to hearing of the word "Sikh."
Many have pronounced it "seek." However, many people in our local Sikh community have told us that the correct pronunciation is "sick."
The word comes from the word meaning "disciple."
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis