Sikh -- How do you pronounce it?
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- On recent editions of Eyewitness News, you may have noticed a different pronunciation than you're used to hearing of the word "Sikh."
Many have pronounced it "seek." However, many people in our local Sikh community have told us that the correct pronunciation is "sick."
The word comes from the word meaning "disciple."
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 40 min ago
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP 57 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building 21 min ago
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer 19 min ago
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book