Sikh -- How do you pronounce it?
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- On recent editions of Eyewitness News, you may have noticed a different pronunciation than you're used to hearing of the word "Sikh."
Many have pronounced it "seek." However, many people in our local Sikh community have told us that the correct pronunciation is "sick."
The word comes from the word meaning "disciple."
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Oak Hills bust nets nearly 2K pot plants 21 min ago
- Suspect shot, hurt after aiming gun at police
- Crystal Cathedral congregation gets new name
- OC church burglary suspect in custody 13 min ago
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand 14 min ago
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery 8 min ago
- Plane lands on belly after having gear issues
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video