Indiana newlywed dies attempting to save stranded stranger
CROWN POINT, Ind. (KABC) -- A man in Indiana died just hours following his wedding, while trying to help a stranded driver Saturday.
William Riley Knight, 49, and his new wife Nikki were returning home from their wedding reception when Knight saw a woman's car stuck in a ditch around 11:45 p.m.
Snow was falling, and Knight got out of the car to help the stranded stranger.
Moments later, he and the driver, identified as Linda Darlington, were fatally struck by three different cars. The drivers who hit the victims said they couldn't see them on the roadway.
Knight, an Army veteran, is survived by his bride, two young daughters and two stepchildren.
unbelievable, car crash, eyewitness news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 4 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
14 min ago