Indiana newlywed dies attempting to save stranded stranger
CROWN POINT, Ind. (KABC) -- A man in Indiana died just hours following his wedding, while trying to help a stranded driver Saturday.
William Riley Knight, 49, and his new wife Nikki were returning home from their wedding reception when Knight saw a woman's car stuck in a ditch around 11:45 p.m.
Snow was falling, and Knight got out of the car to help the stranded stranger.
Moments later, he and the driver, identified as Linda Darlington, were fatally struck by three different cars. The drivers who hit the victims said they couldn't see them on the roadway.
Knight, an Army veteran, is survived by his bride, two young daughters and two stepchildren.
unbelievable, car crash, eyewitness news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 33 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 289 missing, 7 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 51 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 57 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Kansas Jewish center reopens after shooting 34 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break