ABC7 On Your Side
ABC7 On Your Side: Insurance reductions
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The state's third largest auto insurer, Mercury Insurance, is slashing prices on its policies. If you don't have Mercury Insurance, there are other ways you can save on insurance.
How would you like to get part of a $61-million check? If you're a Mercury Insurance customer, you're in luck. Wednesday, California Insurance Commissioner Steve Poizner, along with Mercury Chief Executive Officer George Joseph, announced a $61-million rate reduction for Mercury customers. And it's available for auto, homeowners and even renters insurance.
It's getting tougher to make ends meet these days, and ABC7 On Your Side is a campaign to help you save money. Watch Eyewitness News for money-saving tips and freebies to help stretch your dollar. Right now the savings are for Mercury policyholders only, but this could be the start of something bigger.
And here's a way to slice your car insurance bill even if you're not a Mercury customer, now that gas prices are well over $4 per gallon: California motorists have been cutting back on their driving and are taking public transportation to lower their fuel bills.
And by driving less, you might also qualify for a reduction in your auto insurance.
According to the California Department of Insurance, a typical commuter with a clean driving record could save between $100 and $500 per year by reducing their annual mileage by 5,000 miles or more.
Insurance Information Network of California has a list of nine ways to lower your auto insurance costs, found here: http://www.iinc.org/articles/14/1/Nine-Ways-To-Lower-Your-Auto-Insurance-Costs/Page1.html
abc7 on your side, ric romero
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center 48 min ago
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake 12 min ago
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor 32 min ago
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Azusa cheerleader dies from rare lung cancer
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)