Teen Finds $24,000 at Movie Theater
ROCKVILLE CENTRE, N.Y. (AP) - December 18, 2006 -- A woman who lost $24,000 in cash at a movie theater says she was stunned when the teenager who found the wad returned it.
The teen, Christopher Montgomery, of Lynbrook, didn't want to speak about his good deed. His mom, Donna Montgomery, said he's not the type of person to want all the attention.
But for RoseMarie Limoncelli, the 19-year-old college student's choice was commendable.
Limoncelli, who runs a business, said her life could have been flipped upside down if she hadn't recovered the pouch of $100 bills wrapped in rubber bands.
The money, which she was carrying because she hadn't had time to go to the bank, fell out of her purse as she sat Friday inside the AMC Fantasy theater watching "Happy Feet" with her 8-year-old daughter, Sabrina.
Christopher Montgomery, an employee at the theater, found the money while he was cleaning between the seats. He turned it over to his manager, who gave it back to Limoncelli after she called the theater in a panic.
The teen has refused Limoncelli's offer of a cash reward. But Limoncelli said she hopes he at least accepts a gift certificate to an electronics store.
"It's so commendable to see a teenager do something so wonderful for someone else," she said.
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months