You've Got To See This!
Dog reunited with owners after three months
AKRON, Ohio (KABC) -- An Ohio family thought they had lost their beloved Maltipoo on vacation nearly three months ago only to find out the family pet had survived in the wilderness.
A trip to Maine turned into the adventure of a lifetime for Mindy the Maltipoo. It began with a stop in a wilderness area of northwest Massachusetts.
"I thought my wife threw the dog in the car and she thought I put her in and we got about 30 miles down the road and made another stop and discovered she wasn't in," explained the dog's owner, John Dunbar.
They went back for Mindy but couldn't find her. But her family didn't give up. When they got home to Akron, they put Mindy's picture on a Web site, AmberPetalert.com. That was three months ago. Her profile was a week away from being removed when the call came -- Mindy was alive and well.
"At first I'm like this has to be a joke," said Kathy Dunbar. "My dog's dead. She's been gone three months."
When Mindy got home she weighed three pounds.
"They said she had a diet of mainly grasses and roots and bugs or whatever she could scavenge, and she's a foo-foo dog," said John. "The Humane Society said it was so unusual for a little dog to be able to survive for three months. But somehow she did it."
"I can't believe it," said Kathy. "I cried because I was sad, now I cry because I'm happy."
amazing video, dog tale, pet, you've got to see this!
- Moorpark High on lockdown after threat made 10 min ago
- Rain, winds move into Southern California 13 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped 53 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis 57 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
13 min ago