You've Got To See This!
N.C. teacher writes 'loser' on assignments
CANDLER, N.C. (KABC) -- A N.C. teacher is in hot water after writing 'loser' on a 6th grade student's assignments. He said it was his way of joking.
The girl's mother, Patty Clement, said the Enka Middle School teacher Rex Roland has done this twice now on her daughter's assignments and says it sends the wrong message.
"This is telling her 'You're a loser. You're not going to go anywhere,'" she said.
The girl was removed from Roland's class. Roland apologized, saying this was his way of joking with the students.
Some parents defended his teaching style, but Clement wants him suspended.
The school district will only say that this is a personnel matter that's being looked into.
unbelievable, you've got to see this!
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing 27 min ago
- Ex-assemblyman arrested for domestic violence 59 min ago
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Malaysia plane search widens toward India
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says