You've Got To See This!
N.C. teacher writes 'loser' on assignments
CANDLER, N.C. (KABC) -- A N.C. teacher is in hot water after writing 'loser' on a 6th grade student's assignments. He said it was his way of joking.
The girl's mother, Patty Clement, said the Enka Middle School teacher Rex Roland has done this twice now on her daughter's assignments and says it sends the wrong message.
"This is telling her 'You're a loser. You're not going to go anywhere,'" she said.
The girl was removed from Roland's class. Roland apologized, saying this was his way of joking with the students.
Some parents defended his teaching style, but Clement wants him suspended.
The school district will only say that this is a personnel matter that's being looked into.
unbelievable, you've got to see this!
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 3 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Man barricaded in Whittier apartment building 23 min ago
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
33 min ago