You've Got To See This!
N.C. teacher writes 'loser' on assignments
CANDLER, N.C. (KABC) -- A N.C. teacher is in hot water after writing 'loser' on a 6th grade student's assignments. He said it was his way of joking.
The girl's mother, Patty Clement, said the Enka Middle School teacher Rex Roland has done this twice now on her daughter's assignments and says it sends the wrong message.
"This is telling her 'You're a loser. You're not going to go anywhere,'" she said.
The girl was removed from Roland's class. Roland apologized, saying this was his way of joking with the students.
Some parents defended his teaching style, but Clement wants him suspended.
The school district will only say that this is a personnel matter that's being looked into.
unbelievable, you've got to see this!
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- IE school, parents make push for crosswalk
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'