You've Got To See This!
Cajun Kate rattles Reggie's gator cage
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- L.A. Zoo's Reggie the gator may have drove of fans, but he was no match for his new gal pal Cajun Kate.
If ever a gator was made for Hollywood, it's Reggie the alligator. Reggie popped up in an L.A. lake five years ago. He dodged trappers for two years, and when he was finally caught, he prompted a freeway caravan. He even busted out of his L.A. Zoo exhibit.
Reggie's story has made him the most popular alligator in town. So popular, that the curator of reptiles and amphibians at the L.A. Zoo, Ian Recchio, thought Reggie needed a gal pal on his arm.
Reggie's new date, Cajun Kate, drew much attention to the zoo, luring camera crews, local politicians and even a Cajun band.
The last date the zoo set up for Reggie didn't turn out so well.
"There was a little bit of biting, tail whipping, growling, bellowing and a lot of bluffing mouth opening gestures," described Recchio.
The last few days haven't been much better. Cajun Kate now calls the all the shots in what used to be Reggie's bachelor pad.
Cajun Kate's age and size might have something to do with it. She is nearly 40 years old, whereas Reggie is only in his late teens, and Kate weighs about 20 pounds more than Reggie.
animal news, you've got to see this!, rob hayes
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 21 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
26 min ago