You've Got To See This!
36-lb. cat named Fat Joe finally gets adopted
MENANDS, N.Y. (KABC) -- A cat three times its normal weight has found a new home. Officials say his weight made it hard for him to get adopted, but they finally found a family who wants him.
The 36-pound cat was named Fat Joe by the Hudson River Humane Society in Menands, New York near Albany. The humane society said it has not seen a cat this big in 14 years.
He is so large that he needs to be weighed on a dog scale. Fat Joe will likely need more medical attention than usual to get him back to his normal weight.
Officials said in addition to the obvious obesity, he could also have orthopedic and heart problems and even diabetes, but they said it's possible for Fat Joe to become normal size again.
His new adoptive family, who wishes to remain anonymous, plans to pick him up this weekend.
unbelievable, animal news, you've got to see this!
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 53 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money 2 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed 4 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes 23 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...