You've Got To See This!
36-lb. cat named Fat Joe finally gets adopted
MENANDS, N.Y. (KABC) -- A cat three times its normal weight has found a new home. Officials say his weight made it hard for him to get adopted, but they finally found a family who wants him.
The 36-pound cat was named Fat Joe by the Hudson River Humane Society in Menands, New York near Albany. The humane society said it has not seen a cat this big in 14 years.
He is so large that he needs to be weighed on a dog scale. Fat Joe will likely need more medical attention than usual to get him back to his normal weight.
Officials said in addition to the obvious obesity, he could also have orthopedic and heart problems and even diabetes, but they said it's possible for Fat Joe to become normal size again.
His new adoptive family, who wishes to remain anonymous, plans to pick him up this weekend.
unbelievable, animal news, you've got to see this!
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)