You've Got To See This!
Paraplegic man walks with new bionic legs
AUCKLAND, New Zealand (KABC) -- After seven years of research, a New Zealand company has invented a unique pair of bionic legs that is allowing a paraplegic man to walk again.
The device is called "Rex", which is an abbreviation for Robotic Exo Skeleton.
It was unveiled at a ceremony in Auckland and demonstrated by a young man who's been paralyzed from the chest down following a motorcycle accident five years ago.
The bionic legs allowed him to walk across the room and shake hands with New Zealand's prime minister.
you've got to see this!
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 11 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 21 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California 33 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken 28 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Local mountains get fresh blanket of snow
24 min ago
- Jeremy Renner discusses future roles
14 min ago