You've Got To See This!
Paraplegic man walks with new bionic legs
AUCKLAND, New Zealand (KABC) -- After seven years of research, a New Zealand company has invented a unique pair of bionic legs that is allowing a paraplegic man to walk again.
The device is called "Rex", which is an abbreviation for Robotic Exo Skeleton.
It was unveiled at a ceremony in Auckland and demonstrated by a young man who's been paralyzed from the chest down following a motorcycle accident five years ago.
The bionic legs allowed him to walk across the room and shake hands with New Zealand's prime minister.
you've got to see this!
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse 18 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Man barricaded in Whittier apartment building 50 min ago
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Mount Everest avalanche: 4-5 believed buried 13 min ago
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts