You've Got To See This!
Paraplegic man walks with new bionic legs
AUCKLAND, New Zealand (KABC) -- After seven years of research, a New Zealand company has invented a unique pair of bionic legs that is allowing a paraplegic man to walk again.
The device is called "Rex", which is an abbreviation for Robotic Exo Skeleton.
It was unveiled at a ceremony in Auckland and demonstrated by a young man who's been paralyzed from the chest down following a motorcycle accident five years ago.
The bionic legs allowed him to walk across the room and shake hands with New Zealand's prime minister.
you've got to see this!
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 18 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 40 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage 56 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)