You've Got To See This!
Rejected baby beluga is hand-fed at SeaWorld
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- Workers at the San Diego SeaWorld are hand-feeding a baby beluga whale, because the mother showed little interest and rejected the calf.
The procedure is new for handlers, but they said it was necessary for the 7-week-old calf.
Workers introduced the baby to another beluga whale. They said it worked because the baby is bonding with its adoptive mother. The calf is doing well and has put on 40 pounds.
unbelievable, animal news, san diego, you've got to see this!
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 10 min ago
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians