You've Got To See This!
10-yr-old bitten by shark at Fla. beach
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. (KABC) -- A 10-year-old boy was recovering from a close call with a shark Friday.
Seth Shorten was boogie-boarding with his dad off Crescent Beach, Fla. earlier in the week when a shark bit his foot.
"I was screaming for my life: 'Out of the water! Shark, shark!'" said Shorten. "I yelled 'Out of the water' because I thought the shark would go this way for more of a meal and chase someone else for more than just a foot."
Paramedics treated Shorten on the scene and said he will be just fine.
Shorten was in good humor tending to his bandaged foot Friday and even got a souvenir to remember the experience: a piece of shark tooth that doctors dug out of his foot.
beach, surf, you've got to see this!
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC 38 min ago
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2 37 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets 34 min ago
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper 35 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors