You've Got To See This!
10-yr-old bitten by shark at Fla. beach
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. (KABC) -- A 10-year-old boy was recovering from a close call with a shark Friday.
Seth Shorten was boogie-boarding with his dad off Crescent Beach, Fla. earlier in the week when a shark bit his foot.
"I was screaming for my life: 'Out of the water! Shark, shark!'" said Shorten. "I yelled 'Out of the water' because I thought the shark would go this way for more of a meal and chase someone else for more than just a foot."
Paramedics treated Shorten on the scene and said he will be just fine.
Shorten was in good humor tending to his bandaged foot Friday and even got a souvenir to remember the experience: a piece of shark tooth that doctors dug out of his foot.
beach, surf, you've got to see this!
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4 48 min ago
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax 25 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court 19 min ago
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments