You've Got To See This!
Donkey rescues goat from mountain lion
PARADISE, Calif. (KABC) -- A donkey came to the rescue of a goat being attacked by a mountain lion in Northern California.
A few weeks ago, Art Colyer said he was awakened by a loud scream at his ranch in Paradise, about 90 miles north of Sacramento.
When he went outside, he found his goat, Buttermilk, in the jaws of a mountain lion.
"I started yelling and waving my hands and nothing was changing, and all of a sudden, Poppy the donkey came running into the spotlight and was braying with intensity right in the face of this mountain lion," Colyer.
Poppy gave that mountain lion everything she had, and scared it off.
The goat was at a hospital for a few days, but it is going to be okay.
Since the attack, the donkey and the goat have become very close friends.
Do you want the Eyewitness News team to call you? Get a FREE Morning Wake-up Call and personalized weather report at abc7.com/wakeup
animal news, unbelievable, you've got to see this!
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center 53 min ago
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea 59 min ago
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report