You've Got To See This!
Donkey rescues goat from mountain lion
PARADISE, Calif. (KABC) -- A donkey came to the rescue of a goat being attacked by a mountain lion in Northern California.
A few weeks ago, Art Colyer said he was awakened by a loud scream at his ranch in Paradise, about 90 miles north of Sacramento.
When he went outside, he found his goat, Buttermilk, in the jaws of a mountain lion.
"I started yelling and waving my hands and nothing was changing, and all of a sudden, Poppy the donkey came running into the spotlight and was braying with intensity right in the face of this mountain lion," Colyer.
Poppy gave that mountain lion everything she had, and scared it off.
The goat was at a hospital for a few days, but it is going to be okay.
Since the attack, the donkey and the goat have become very close friends.
Do you want the Eyewitness News team to call you? Get a FREE Morning Wake-up Call and personalized weather report at abc7.com/wakeup
animal news, unbelievable, you've got to see this!
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology 32 min ago
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut