You've Got To See This!
Woman fends off funeral home burglar with urn
MORRISTOWN, Tenn. (KABC) -- A crook in Morristown, Tenn. got more than he bargained for when he tried to burglarize a funeral home and a brave employee walked in.
"I went to the filing cabinet and picked the urn up and removed the lid and just slung it at him as hard as I could," said Teresa Mayes, who works at the funeral home.
Mayes struck the man in the back of the head.
The impact broke the lid of the urn, but she didn't stop there.
Mayes slung a wrought iron chair at him, then a metal frame, then the bottom piece of the urn.
The man was armed with a knife, Still, he was defeated and staggered out the door.
Mayes was unhurt.
She credits the urn with saving her life.
burglary, stupid criminals, you've got to see this!
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill