You've Got To See This!
$10K 'AirPod' car runs on compressed air
UNITED KINGDOM (KABC) -- A car that runs on compressed air, called the AirPod, is being manufactured in the United Kingdom.
The AirPod has only three wheels, two doors and it doesn't even have a steering wheel.
Creators say this could be the future of urban transportation.
The AirPod doesn't pollute and will cost around $10,000.
"What is very special about the AirPod is the energy we use. We use compressed air to drive it. This is a very clean system, very economical system, and the AirPod is very adaptable to the city," said Cyril Negre of Motor Development International.
How it works is you fill the car with compressed air, and as you accelerate, the compressed air is released and it turns pistons, which turn the crank shaft, which turns the wheels.
auto news, environment, you've got to see this!
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather 52 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)