You've Got To See This!
$10K 'AirPod' car runs on compressed air
UNITED KINGDOM (KABC) -- A car that runs on compressed air, called the AirPod, is being manufactured in the United Kingdom.
The AirPod has only three wheels, two doors and it doesn't even have a steering wheel.
Creators say this could be the future of urban transportation.
The AirPod doesn't pollute and will cost around $10,000.
"What is very special about the AirPod is the energy we use. We use compressed air to drive it. This is a very clean system, very economical system, and the AirPod is very adaptable to the city," said Cyril Negre of Motor Development International.
How it works is you fill the car with compressed air, and as you accelerate, the compressed air is released and it turns pistons, which turn the crank shaft, which turns the wheels.
auto news, environment, you've got to see this!
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 20 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed 6 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)