You've Got To See This!
Lottery winners give money away
TRURO, Nova Scotia (KABC) -- A Canadian couple won the lottery and surprised the world by giving most of it away.
Allen and Violet Large won $11 million in Truro, Nova Scotia. But they didn't buy a new home, car or take an extravagant vacation. They still live in the same 147-year-old home and donated most of the money to charities.
"When they see the check their eyes really opened up wide," said Allen Large.
Violet is just getting over surgery and six chemotherapy treatments for cancer but it hasn't changed the couple's outlook on life.
They did keep some of the winnings for emergencies and say they still buy lottery tickets regularly.
charity, lottery, you've got to see this!
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 34 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire 54 min ago
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster 47 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 57 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Highway dedicated to detective Jeremiah...
53 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
25 min ago