You've Got To See This!
Lottery winners give money away
TRURO, Nova Scotia (KABC) -- A Canadian couple won the lottery and surprised the world by giving most of it away.
Allen and Violet Large won $11 million in Truro, Nova Scotia. But they didn't buy a new home, car or take an extravagant vacation. They still live in the same 147-year-old home and donated most of the money to charities.
"When they see the check their eyes really opened up wide," said Allen Large.
Violet is just getting over surgery and six chemotherapy treatments for cancer but it hasn't changed the couple's outlook on life.
They did keep some of the winnings for emergencies and say they still buy lottery tickets regularly.
charity, lottery, you've got to see this!
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 31 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 31 min ago
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false 4 min ago
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry