You've Got To See This!
Lottery winners give money away
TRURO, Nova Scotia (KABC) -- A Canadian couple won the lottery and surprised the world by giving most of it away.
Allen and Violet Large won $11 million in Truro, Nova Scotia. But they didn't buy a new home, car or take an extravagant vacation. They still live in the same 147-year-old home and donated most of the money to charities.
"When they see the check their eyes really opened up wide," said Allen Large.
Violet is just getting over surgery and six chemotherapy treatments for cancer but it hasn't changed the couple's outlook on life.
They did keep some of the winnings for emergencies and say they still buy lottery tickets regularly.
charity, lottery, you've got to see this!
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain 26 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate 10 min ago