You've Got To See This!
Lottery winners give money away
TRURO, Nova Scotia (KABC) -- A Canadian couple won the lottery and surprised the world by giving most of it away.
Allen and Violet Large won $11 million in Truro, Nova Scotia. But they didn't buy a new home, car or take an extravagant vacation. They still live in the same 147-year-old home and donated most of the money to charities.
"When they see the check their eyes really opened up wide," said Allen Large.
Violet is just getting over surgery and six chemotherapy treatments for cancer but it hasn't changed the couple's outlook on life.
They did keep some of the winnings for emergencies and say they still buy lottery tickets regularly.
charity, lottery, you've got to see this!
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- Vinny Del Negro out as LA Clippers coach
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface 21 min ago
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10