You've Got To See This!
Homes go from small to ultra small in Tokyo
TOKYO (KABC) -- Living in cramped living quarters is nothing new in space starved Tokyo, but some new ultra small homes are redefining tiny.
For example, one ultra small house sits on a petite 300-square-foot parcel of land.
One space serves as the kitchen, living and dining room.
It is the size of a walk-in closet.
Space-saving sliding curtains replace doors, and appliances are tucked under counters.
There is no room for junk or separate bedrooms.
A man and his mom live in the house. They share a room, rolling out their beds each night.
Ultra small homes are catching on in Tokyo. The architect who designed this particular home said tiny homes make up 70 percent of his business.
you've got to see this!
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic 54 min ago
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder 41 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 46 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors