You've Got To See This!
Fullerton students compete in pumpkin launch
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Forget carving pumpkins. Some people prefer launching them.
Hundreds of people gathered at California State University at Fullerton on Saturday for the third annual Pumpkin Launch.
Nine teams of engineering students used catapults to send those gourds soaring across the school's soccer field.
It's not just fun, but educational, too.
The event is meant to inspire the next generation of scientists, engineers and mathematicians.
City News Service contributed to this report.
you've got to see this!
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law 22 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
47 min ago