You've Got To See This!
Fullerton students compete in pumpkin launch
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Forget carving pumpkins. Some people prefer launching them.
Hundreds of people gathered at California State University at Fullerton on Saturday for the third annual Pumpkin Launch.
Nine teams of engineering students used catapults to send those gourds soaring across the school's soccer field.
It's not just fun, but educational, too.
The event is meant to inspire the next generation of scientists, engineers and mathematicians.
City News Service contributed to this report.
you've got to see this!
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months