You've Got To See This!
Thieves in progress dial 911, get arrested
STOCKTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Some unlucky thieves in Stockton were trying to steal a bamboo plant out of someone's yard when one of them accidentally dialed 911.
Stockton police listened for more than 10 minutes as the three men talked about the crime they were committing.
"It's really nice when a suspect takes the time, while committing a crime, to call 911 and let us know where they're at and what they're doing," said Pete Smith of the Stockton Police Department.
The men were arrested a few blocks away.
They were cited and released.
burglary, arrest, stupid criminals, you've got to see this!
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report