You've Got To See This!
Obese women use fat to hide stolen goods
EDMOND, Okla. (KABC) -- Serious health risks have long been associated with being obese. Now, two overweight women from Oklahoma have added criminal risk to their list of potential problems.
Ailene Brown and Shmeco Thomas were recently busted for shoplifting at a TJ Maxx in Edmond, but it's not the crime that's plastering across the news nationwide, it's the manner in which police say they hid the merchandise.
"These two individuals were actually concealing them in areas of their body where excess skin was," said Edmond Police Officer James Hamm. "Under their chest area and up under armpits and things of that nature. They were concealing large items."
Hamm said one of the women had three boots concealed underneath her breasts and bra.
Police say the women hid four pairs of boots, three pairs of jeans, a wallet and a pair of gloves between different folds throughout their bodies.
In total, investigators say the women almost got away with $2,600 worth of merchandise.
burglary, arrest, stupid criminals, unbelievable, you've got to see this!
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic 1 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021 26 min ago
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 56 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
32 min ago