You've Got To See This!
Obese women use fat to hide stolen goods
EDMOND, Okla. (KABC) -- Serious health risks have long been associated with being obese. Now, two overweight women from Oklahoma have added criminal risk to their list of potential problems.
Ailene Brown and Shmeco Thomas were recently busted for shoplifting at a TJ Maxx in Edmond, but it's not the crime that's plastering across the news nationwide, it's the manner in which police say they hid the merchandise.
"These two individuals were actually concealing them in areas of their body where excess skin was," said Edmond Police Officer James Hamm. "Under their chest area and up under armpits and things of that nature. They were concealing large items."
Hamm said one of the women had three boots concealed underneath her breasts and bra.
Police say the women hid four pairs of boots, three pairs of jeans, a wallet and a pair of gloves between different folds throughout their bodies.
In total, investigators say the women almost got away with $2,600 worth of merchandise.
burglary, arrest, stupid criminals, unbelievable, you've got to see this!
- Covina shooting: Adult, 4-year-old girl hurt
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident 7 min ago
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl
- Bob Dylan's guitar sells for nearly $1M 37 min ago
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)