You've Got To See This!
Obese women use fat to hide stolen goods
EDMOND, Okla. (KABC) -- Serious health risks have long been associated with being obese. Now, two overweight women from Oklahoma have added criminal risk to their list of potential problems.
Ailene Brown and Shmeco Thomas were recently busted for shoplifting at a TJ Maxx in Edmond, but it's not the crime that's plastering across the news nationwide, it's the manner in which police say they hid the merchandise.
"These two individuals were actually concealing them in areas of their body where excess skin was," said Edmond Police Officer James Hamm. "Under their chest area and up under armpits and things of that nature. They were concealing large items."
Hamm said one of the women had three boots concealed underneath her breasts and bra.
Police say the women hid four pairs of boots, three pairs of jeans, a wallet and a pair of gloves between different folds throughout their bodies.
In total, investigators say the women almost got away with $2,600 worth of merchandise.
burglary, arrest, stupid criminals, unbelievable, you've got to see this!
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book