You've Got To See This!
Germany's favorite polar bear celebrates bday
BERLIN (KABC) -- It was a festive day in Berlin as one of the city's most famous furry residents celebrated his birthday.
Knut, Germany's favorite polar bear, turned 4 years old Sunday.
In honor of his birthday, Knut got a cake shaped like the number four. The treat sat on top of his present: a bucket of fish and meat.
Knut was raised at the Berlin Zoo after his mother rejected him and his brother, who died shortly after their birth.
Knut is incredibly popular and everything from toys to mugs to T-shirts bears his image.
animal news, you've got to see this!
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book