You've Got To See This!
Germany's favorite polar bear celebrates bday
BERLIN (KABC) -- It was a festive day in Berlin as one of the city's most famous furry residents celebrated his birthday.
Knut, Germany's favorite polar bear, turned 4 years old Sunday.
In honor of his birthday, Knut got a cake shaped like the number four. The treat sat on top of his present: a bucket of fish and meat.
Knut was raised at the Berlin Zoo after his mother rejected him and his brother, who died shortly after their birth.
Knut is incredibly popular and everything from toys to mugs to T-shirts bears his image.
animal news, you've got to see this!
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break