You've Got To See This!
Biden negotiates w/ child to get script back
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- Vice President Joe Biden's keen negotiating skills paid off for him during Wednesday's congressional swearing-in ceremony.
He was up against the precocious 3-year-old son of Oregon Democrat Ron Wyden who had snatched his speech script.
"I think he wants to speak," Biden said jokingly when the boy took the papers. When the parents tried to take the papers back, the boy says, "no, no, no," and squirms away.
So Biden offers the boy a trade.
"Hey, here's the deal. You see this? If you can tell me which hand it's in, you can have it," Biden said.
The vice president was only distracting little William, taking the opportunity to pull the old bait-and-switch. In exchange for the script, William received a mint.
vice president joe biden, senate, you've got to see this!
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target photo flap creates thigh gap
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)