You've Got To See This!
Twin sisters celebrate 100th birthday
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- Celebrating a 100th birthday is a big deal, but it's even bigger when you get to do it with your twin.
Identical twins Inez Harries and Venice Shaw were born Jan. 15, 1911. They will turn 100 years old on Saturday, but they're celebrating a bit early.
"It's overwhelming," said Harries.
"I just can't believe it. I can't believe it's happening to us," said Shaw.
The folks at the Lockheed Federal Credit Union provided the cake. They even had a local artist restore an old photo of the twins taken when they were just babies. It's a big deal because 100-year-old twins are hard to find.
"The odds of identical twins living to be 100 is one in 700 million," said Andrea Carpenter of Lockheed Federal Credit Union.
That's what certain statisticians came up with. But being 100 doesn't necessarily mean the sisters act like it. They said their ever-growing family keeps them feeling young.
"I have nine granddaughters, and I have 19 great-grandkids and three great-great-grandkids," said Harries. "I keep active, try to keep active. The minute you stop, you've had it."
birth, unbelievable, you've got to see this!, rob hayes
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt 30 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
21 min ago