You've Got To See This!
Twin sisters celebrate 100th birthday
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- Celebrating a 100th birthday is a big deal, but it's even bigger when you get to do it with your twin.
Identical twins Inez Harries and Venice Shaw were born Jan. 15, 1911. They will turn 100 years old on Saturday, but they're celebrating a bit early.
"It's overwhelming," said Harries.
"I just can't believe it. I can't believe it's happening to us," said Shaw.
The folks at the Lockheed Federal Credit Union provided the cake. They even had a local artist restore an old photo of the twins taken when they were just babies. It's a big deal because 100-year-old twins are hard to find.
"The odds of identical twins living to be 100 is one in 700 million," said Andrea Carpenter of Lockheed Federal Credit Union.
That's what certain statisticians came up with. But being 100 doesn't necessarily mean the sisters act like it. They said their ever-growing family keeps them feeling young.
"I have nine granddaughters, and I have 19 great-grandkids and three great-great-grandkids," said Harries. "I keep active, try to keep active. The minute you stop, you've had it."
birth, unbelievable, you've got to see this!, rob hayes
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money 24 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station 1 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed 26 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes 45 min ago
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...