You've Got To See This!
Utah suspect escapes out of moving police car
SALT LAKE CITY (KABC) -- A suspect in Utah wiggled his way through the window of a moving police cruiser in a daring escape that was all caught on camera.
Nicholas Duffy, 22, was sitting in the back of the cruiser while traveling on Interstate 15. Police said Duffy was high on drugs and needed some fresh air because he felt nauseated.
"They gave him a vomit bucket to use on the transport, on the way to jail. The officer gave him some air from the window, rolled the window down, not all the way, partially," explained Utah police Lt. Victor Quezada.
The window was open just enough for Duffy to squeeze through. The cruiser was traveling at about 35 miles an hour when Duffy took the tumble.
Amazingly, he survived but did suffer some pretty bad road burns.
Duffy had escaped from a mental evaluation earlier that day after he was arrested for burglary.
arrest, you've got to see this!
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- LA sheriffs rescue stranded family of seven 1 min ago
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- NorCal beach parking fee fight gets heated
- Obama addresses Morehouse College graduates
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list