You've Got To See This!
Utah suspect escapes out of moving police car
SALT LAKE CITY (KABC) -- A suspect in Utah wiggled his way through the window of a moving police cruiser in a daring escape that was all caught on camera.
Nicholas Duffy, 22, was sitting in the back of the cruiser while traveling on Interstate 15. Police said Duffy was high on drugs and needed some fresh air because he felt nauseated.
"They gave him a vomit bucket to use on the transport, on the way to jail. The officer gave him some air from the window, rolled the window down, not all the way, partially," explained Utah police Lt. Victor Quezada.
The window was open just enough for Duffy to squeeze through. The cruiser was traveling at about 35 miles an hour when Duffy took the tumble.
Amazingly, he survived but did suffer some pretty bad road burns.
Duffy had escaped from a mental evaluation earlier that day after he was arrested for burglary.
arrest, you've got to see this!
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt 31 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
22 min ago