You've Got To See This!
Woman tries to mail puppy from Minn. to Ga.
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. (KABC) -- A woman is being charged with animal cruelty for trying to mail a puppy from Minnesota to Georgia.
Stacey Champion says the 4-month-old Schnauzer-poodle mix was a birthday present for her son in Atlanta.
She admitted to boxing and mailing the dog, but claims she put water bottles in the box and poked air holes in the side.
The post office says that's not true.
When asked why she tried to mail the puppy, she said, "They deliver. I mean, I ship and they deliver."
The puppy's was found in good condition by postal workers, who took it to a shelter.
In court, the woman asked if she could have the dog back.
animal news, dog tale, you've got to see this!
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Boy on bicycle killed by truck in Simi Valley
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide