You've Got To See This!
LA to hire beaver trappers for Owens Valley
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The city of Los Angeles is looking for some good beaver trappers.
Bids will open Tuesday for a new one-year contract. Beaver trappers will be working in central California's Owens Valley, protecting Department of Water and Power equipment and keeping the beavers from building dams in the Los Angeles Aqueduct and in the Owens River.
The dams interfere with DWP operations, cause flooding in surrounding areas and topple trees.
The beavers can't be relocated, because they would just harm the environment somewhere else.
animal news, department of water and power, you've got to see this!
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour