You've Got To See This!
LA to hire beaver trappers for Owens Valley
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The city of Los Angeles is looking for some good beaver trappers.
Bids will open Tuesday for a new one-year contract. Beaver trappers will be working in central California's Owens Valley, protecting Department of Water and Power equipment and keeping the beavers from building dams in the Los Angeles Aqueduct and in the Owens River.
The dams interfere with DWP operations, cause flooding in surrounding areas and topple trees.
The beavers can't be relocated, because they would just harm the environment somewhere else.
animal news, department of water and power, you've got to see this!
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust 4 min ago
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 43 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere