You've Got To See This!
LA to hire beaver trappers for Owens Valley
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The city of Los Angeles is looking for some good beaver trappers.
Bids will open Tuesday for a new one-year contract. Beaver trappers will be working in central California's Owens Valley, protecting Department of Water and Power equipment and keeping the beavers from building dams in the Los Angeles Aqueduct and in the Owens River.
The dams interfere with DWP operations, cause flooding in surrounding areas and topple trees.
The beavers can't be relocated, because they would just harm the environment somewhere else.
animal news, department of water and power, you've got to see this!
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Budget deal: Liberals, conservatives grumbling
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms 24 min ago
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions