You've Got To See This!
LA to hire beaver trappers for Owens Valley
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The city of Los Angeles is looking for some good beaver trappers.
Bids will open Tuesday for a new one-year contract. Beaver trappers will be working in central California's Owens Valley, protecting Department of Water and Power equipment and keeping the beavers from building dams in the Los Angeles Aqueduct and in the Owens River.
The dams interfere with DWP operations, cause flooding in surrounding areas and topple trees.
The beavers can't be relocated, because they would just harm the environment somewhere else.
animal news, department of water and power, you've got to see this!
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- LA sheriffs rescue stranded family of seven
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma 8 min ago
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris 17 min ago
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards 6 min ago
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list