You've Got To See This!
Couples getting hitched on Valentine's Day
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Valentine's Day is one of the busiest days of the year at the Los Angeles County Registrar's Office.
Couples came in crowds to get married on what some believe is the most romantic day of the year.
Grooms jokingly said Valentine's Day was the perfect day to celebrate, because it will help them remember their anniversary.
"Valentine's Day is a very special day because it is about romance and love," said groom Terrance Thomas. He and his bride-to-be met four months ago at a dance. There were some pre-wedding jitters.
"She was a little nervous," said Thomas. "My mother-in-law is here, my best friend is here. So she is real nervous."
But when the big moment came, Thomas said all the right words.
"Once in a lifetime you meet that soul mate," said new bride Annette Thomas. "And I have met mine."
Valentine's Day is one of the busiest days for weddings at the LA County Registrar's Office.
"Lots of couples want to come in and have civil marriage ceremonies," said Los Angeles County Clerk Dean Logan. "And we try to make it a memorable day and get a lot of volunteers. And we see lots of different couples, so it's a fun day."
The deputy commissioners conducting the ceremonies are all volunteers, and they said the job is fulfilling and fun.
Although they try to refrain from giving marriage advice, there are a few words of wisdom that seem to stick.
"Happy wife, happy life," said one volunteer.
The LA County Registrar's Office will be conducting civil ceremonies until 5 p.m. on Valentine's Day.
valentine's day, you've got to see this!, darsha philips
- Oklahoma tornadoes level homes, kill man 4 min ago
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested