You've Got To See This!
8-year-old boy helps mom deliver baby brother
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (KABC) -- An 8-year-old Oklahoma boy helped deliver his baby brother over the weekend.
Kimberly Tennyson knew she was close to giving birth early Saturday morning, but she thought she had still a couple days.
"2 o'clock in the morning I had no idea he was coming, none whatsoever, until I had contractions," said Tennyson.
There wasn't time to call 911, so instead, Tennyson called her grandmother.
"And she was screaming and hollering, 'Grandma it's time, it's time!' I said, 'no,' she said, 'yes it is,'" said Nadine Rogers, Tennyson's grandmother.
Tennyson went into labor and 15 minutes later, her new baby boy was born at home without doctors or nurses. While Tennyson's grandmother walked her through labor over the phone, her 8-year-old son, Demarray, was helping deliver his newest little brother.
"He did everything, he didn't panic," Tennyson said of her son. "In a time of need, that type of situation, having a baby at home with your kids, especially an 8-year-old, it tells a lot."
Both mother and newborn are both doing great.
unbelievable, birth, you've got to see this!
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- Prize-winning bulldogs stolen from IE home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans 20 min ago
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'