You've Got To See This!
8-year-old boy helps mom deliver baby brother
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (KABC) -- An 8-year-old Oklahoma boy helped deliver his baby brother over the weekend.
Kimberly Tennyson knew she was close to giving birth early Saturday morning, but she thought she had still a couple days.
"2 o'clock in the morning I had no idea he was coming, none whatsoever, until I had contractions," said Tennyson.
There wasn't time to call 911, so instead, Tennyson called her grandmother.
"And she was screaming and hollering, 'Grandma it's time, it's time!' I said, 'no,' she said, 'yes it is,'" said Nadine Rogers, Tennyson's grandmother.
Tennyson went into labor and 15 minutes later, her new baby boy was born at home without doctors or nurses. While Tennyson's grandmother walked her through labor over the phone, her 8-year-old son, Demarray, was helping deliver his newest little brother.
"He did everything, he didn't panic," Tennyson said of her son. "In a time of need, that type of situation, having a baby at home with your kids, especially an 8-year-old, it tells a lot."
Both mother and newborn are both doing great.
unbelievable, birth, you've got to see this!
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 38 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought 1 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite in Russia 3 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour