You've Got To See This!
Plumber finds $10K ring flushed down toilet
CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP, Penn. (KABC) -- A plumber saved the day after a $10,000 wedding ring was accidentally flushed down the toilet.
Kristen Kalis was half asleep when using the bathroom Monday morning. She took her rings off then reached to flush, and that's when her prize ring was gone.
Kalis called several plumbers and every one of them told her to forget about it, until she got Steve from Mister Rooter on the line. Steve tried snaking a camera in the sewer line, and when that didn't work, he tried a different approach.
"Stuck the Shop-Vac down," said Steve. "It's about four-feet deep. Sucked it all out. After all the water was drained out, unplugged the Shop-Vac, took off the lid, dumped the water out and there was the ring."
"I'm like screaming and yelling outside," said Kalis. "I'm hugging him. I'm telling him that I love him. I was just so, so happy."
Steve the plumber admited he has found a lot of strange things in sewer lines, but this was his first wedding ring.
unbelievable, you've got to see this!
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 36 min ago
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle 27 min ago
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
39 min ago