You've Got To See This!
Plumber finds $10K ring flushed down toilet
CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP, Penn. (KABC) -- A plumber saved the day after a $10,000 wedding ring was accidentally flushed down the toilet.
Kristen Kalis was half asleep when using the bathroom Monday morning. She took her rings off then reached to flush, and that's when her prize ring was gone.
Kalis called several plumbers and every one of them told her to forget about it, until she got Steve from Mister Rooter on the line. Steve tried snaking a camera in the sewer line, and when that didn't work, he tried a different approach.
"Stuck the Shop-Vac down," said Steve. "It's about four-feet deep. Sucked it all out. After all the water was drained out, unplugged the Shop-Vac, took off the lid, dumped the water out and there was the ring."
"I'm like screaming and yelling outside," said Kalis. "I'm hugging him. I'm telling him that I love him. I was just so, so happy."
Steve the plumber admited he has found a lot of strange things in sewer lines, but this was his first wedding ring.
unbelievable, you've got to see this!
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years 38 min ago
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video