You've Got To See This!
Man uses pennies to pay $6,500 credit card bill
MIRA MESA, Calif. (KABC) -- A San Diego County man created a bit of a problem when he went to pay off a $6,500 credit card bill with pennies.
Thierry Cahez loaded the pennies into his van, all 650,000 of them rolled in plastic and put in crates. He then drove the pennies to his bank in Mira Mesa and unloaded them.
The man said the bank turned him away several times. Eventually, he was sent to a branch with a bigger vault that could handle all the coins.
Cahez said he decided to pay his credit card bill with pennies because he was upset with his bank over a refinance he couldn't get, and charges and fees on his card.
unbelievable, you've got to see this!
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 1 min ago
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot 7 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back 38 min ago
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14