You've Got To See This!
Dog keeps missing 2-year-old safe overnight
ELGIN, S.C. (KABC) -- A dog in Elgin, South Carolina, is being credited with keeping a missing 2-year-old boy safe overnight.
The toddler's mother called 911 on Friday, saying her son had vanished after going to the kitchen to get some juice. After an all-night search, there was no sign of the boy.
The next morning, a neighbor reported hearing crying from the woods about a quarter-mile from the family's home.
Searchers found the toddler, wearing only a T-shirt and a diaper, holding onto the family's Labrador Retriever.
"Since he belonged to them, he must have followed them the whole way, looking out for him, so that's very special," said neighbor Emily DuBose.
Police say the dog apparently kept watch over the boy throughout the night, as temperatures dropped down into the 40s.
animal news, you've got to see this!
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies 33 min ago
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom 38 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)