You've Got To See This!
Robot throws first pitch at Phillies game
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. (KABC) -- The PhillieBot threw out the ceremonial first pitch before Wednesday's Phillies-Brewers game.
It took a while for the robot to wheel up to the mound. The pitch wasn't exactly up to major league standards, only traveling about 30 miles per hour. But that was by design, since the Phillies didn't want the pitch approaching major league speeds.
The one armed, three wheeled robot was designed by engineers at the University of Pennsylvania. It was brought to the game as part of science day festivities at Citizens Bank Park.
philadelphia phillies, milwaukee brewers, technology, you've got to see this!
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 10 min ago
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 6 min ago
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Cool Kid raises money for children's hospital
37 min ago