You've Got To See This!
Mass. mom gives birth to twins with extra uterus
BOSTON (KABC) -- Doctors are marveling over a set of Massachusetts twins.
The baby girls were born to a mom with an extra uterus. Laurie McCarron got to hold her twins for the first time Thursday. They were born prematurely on Monday and had been in the neonatal intensive care unit.
The babies are now off oxygen, nursing and doing well. It's a big relief considering their mom's rare condition.
"What's called uterine didelphys, where essentially you have two separate uteri and two separate cervixes," said Dr. Adam Urato from Tufts Medical Center. "Laurie's condition we see in about 1 per 1000. Some have estimated it to be even rarer than that- 1 per 3000, 1 per 10,000."
McCarron calls the little ones her miracle babies. They will be joining two big sisters already at home.
birth, you've got to see this!
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 42 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 30 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal 48 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis