You've Got To See This!
Long-lost brothers meet in chance encounter
HONOLULU (KABC) -- An unexpected family reunion brings two brothers face to face for the first time in their lives. Rick Hill and his family were in Hawaii on vacation.
Little did he know that the man who offered to take their picture on Waikiki Beach was the little brother he'd never met.
"We started talking about 'Do you know this person, do you know this person?' I don't know what made me ask him, but I asked him, 'Do you know Dickie Halligan?' And he said, 'Yeah. That's my father.' And I said, 'You know, that's my father too,'" said Joe Parker.
"And that kind of threw me for a loop. It was very emotional at that point. I was kind of mind-blown," said Rick Hill, Joe's brother.
Parker never met their father.
Hill said his father told him about a younger brother, but didn't know where to find him.
Both men call the reunion a miracle.
you've got to see this!
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)