You've Got To See This!
Bin Laden death ends man's 9/11 beard
EPHRATA, Wash. (KABC) -- The death of Osama Bin Laden is giving a Washington state teacher a whole new look.
Gary Weddle was so upset by the events of 9/11 that he vowed not to shave until Osama Bin Laden was caught. He says he figured it would take maybe six months.
But the years went by, and Weddle's beard grew longer and longer. He says he learned how to use conditioner and a hair dryer on it. Then he got word Bid Laden was dead.
"So I spent about three minutes crying. I just tied it off to save it, took scissors and started hacking away," said Weddle.
Weddle is now clean-shaven. He says if he'd known it would be 10 years, he might have done something else to show he was waiting for the U.S. to get Bin Laden.
you've got to see this!
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 4 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting 56 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
45 min ago