You've Got To See This!
Bin Laden death ends man's 9/11 beard
EPHRATA, Wash. (KABC) -- The death of Osama Bin Laden is giving a Washington state teacher a whole new look.
Gary Weddle was so upset by the events of 9/11 that he vowed not to shave until Osama Bin Laden was caught. He says he figured it would take maybe six months.
But the years went by, and Weddle's beard grew longer and longer. He says he learned how to use conditioner and a hair dryer on it. Then he got word Bid Laden was dead.
"So I spent about three minutes crying. I just tied it off to save it, took scissors and started hacking away," said Weddle.
Weddle is now clean-shaven. He says if he'd known it would be 10 years, he might have done something else to show he was waiting for the U.S. to get Bin Laden.
you've got to see this!
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 33 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
18 min ago