You've Got To See This!
Bin Laden death ends man's 9/11 beard
EPHRATA, Wash. (KABC) -- The death of Osama Bin Laden is giving a Washington state teacher a whole new look.
Gary Weddle was so upset by the events of 9/11 that he vowed not to shave until Osama Bin Laden was caught. He says he figured it would take maybe six months.
But the years went by, and Weddle's beard grew longer and longer. He says he learned how to use conditioner and a hair dryer on it. Then he got word Bid Laden was dead.
"So I spent about three minutes crying. I just tied it off to save it, took scissors and started hacking away," said Weddle.
Weddle is now clean-shaven. He says if he'd known it would be 10 years, he might have done something else to show he was waiting for the U.S. to get Bin Laden.
you've got to see this!
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour