You've Got To See This!
Bin Laden death ends man's 9/11 beard
EPHRATA, Wash. (KABC) -- The death of Osama Bin Laden is giving a Washington state teacher a whole new look.
Gary Weddle was so upset by the events of 9/11 that he vowed not to shave until Osama Bin Laden was caught. He says he figured it would take maybe six months.
But the years went by, and Weddle's beard grew longer and longer. He says he learned how to use conditioner and a hair dryer on it. Then he got word Bid Laden was dead.
"So I spent about three minutes crying. I just tied it off to save it, took scissors and started hacking away," said Weddle.
Weddle is now clean-shaven. He says if he'd known it would be 10 years, he might have done something else to show he was waiting for the U.S. to get Bin Laden.
you've got to see this!
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Kristen Wiig talks about missing 'SNL'