You've Got To See This!
Bin Laden death ends man's 9/11 beard
EPHRATA, Wash. (KABC) -- The death of Osama Bin Laden is giving a Washington state teacher a whole new look.
Gary Weddle was so upset by the events of 9/11 that he vowed not to shave until Osama Bin Laden was caught. He says he figured it would take maybe six months.
But the years went by, and Weddle's beard grew longer and longer. He says he learned how to use conditioner and a hair dryer on it. Then he got word Bid Laden was dead.
"So I spent about three minutes crying. I just tied it off to save it, took scissors and started hacking away," said Weddle.
Weddle is now clean-shaven. He says if he'd known it would be 10 years, he might have done something else to show he was waiting for the U.S. to get Bin Laden.
you've got to see this!
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA 42 min ago
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theater
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- United's 787 Dreamliners back in service
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Aerial views of Oklahoma tornado damage
8 min ago