You've Got To See This!
Elvis no longer on list of popular names
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- For the first time since 1955, Elvis has left the list of the 1,000 most popular names.
The name never topped the charts, peaking at No. 312 in 1957, but the name was in the top 1,000 for 55 straight years.
When it comes to baby names, the fastest rising names for girls and boys are Maci and Bentley, which come from the reality TV shows "16 and Pregnant" and "Teen Mom."
According to the Social Security Administration, Isabella topped the list for a second year as the most popular girls' name.
Nearly 23,000 girls got that name in 2010, followed by Sophia, Emma, Olivia and Ava.
Jacob continued a 12-year run as the most popular name for boys last year, followed by Ethan, Michael, Jayden and William.
Baby names are getting more diverse. Thirty years ago, a third of all babies had names from the top 20, but now, only 14 percent of babies have those names.
you've got to see this!
- Tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs; 51 dead 58 min ago
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Fire near Frazier Park 90 percent contained
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74 18 min ago
- OTRC: Seth MacFarlane 'unable' to host Oscars again
- Ex-'DWTS' contestants predict new winner
49 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
54 min ago