You've Got To See This!
Elvis no longer on list of popular names
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- For the first time since 1955, Elvis has left the list of the 1,000 most popular names.
The name never topped the charts, peaking at No. 312 in 1957, but the name was in the top 1,000 for 55 straight years.
When it comes to baby names, the fastest rising names for girls and boys are Maci and Bentley, which come from the reality TV shows "16 and Pregnant" and "Teen Mom."
According to the Social Security Administration, Isabella topped the list for a second year as the most popular girls' name.
Nearly 23,000 girls got that name in 2010, followed by Sophia, Emma, Olivia and Ava.
Jacob continued a 12-year run as the most popular name for boys last year, followed by Ethan, Michael, Jayden and William.
Baby names are getting more diverse. Thirty years ago, a third of all babies had names from the top 20, but now, only 14 percent of babies have those names.
you've got to see this!
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange 6 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 28 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 57 min ago
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future