You've Got To See This!
'Tornado dog' gets surgery on broken legs
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (KABC) -- A dog that had crawled home with two broken legs after last month's deadly tornadoes in Alabama has received surgery and is recovering.
Mason, a terrier mix, got picked up and blown away in one of the twisters. His family searched but could not find him. Then, weeks later, he was found on his owners' doorstep.
He had managed to crawl back home with two broken legs.
A local veterinarian performed surgery on Mason on May 20 for free, and says the resilient little dog is recovering well.
"He's doing great. He's happy to see people, he wants to play & e's eating, he's drinking, he's just doing wonderful," he said.
Mason now has two bone plates and 17 screws in his front legs. Plenty of adoption offers are pouring in, but his owners say they want him back.
animal news, unbelievable, you've got to see this!
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 20 min ago
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- Obama speaks at Brandenburg Gate in Germany
9 min ago