You've Got To See This!
'Tornado dog' gets surgery on broken legs
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (KABC) -- A dog that had crawled home with two broken legs after last month's deadly tornadoes in Alabama has received surgery and is recovering.
Mason, a terrier mix, got picked up and blown away in one of the twisters. His family searched but could not find him. Then, weeks later, he was found on his owners' doorstep.
He had managed to crawl back home with two broken legs.
A local veterinarian performed surgery on Mason on May 20 for free, and says the resilient little dog is recovering well.
"He's doing great. He's happy to see people, he wants to play & e's eating, he's drinking, he's just doing wonderful," he said.
Mason now has two bone plates and 17 screws in his front legs. Plenty of adoption offers are pouring in, but his owners say they want him back.
animal news, unbelievable, you've got to see this!
- Covina shooting: Adult, 4-year-old girl hurt 39 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl 9 min ago
- Banksy's 'Flower Girl' auctioned off at $209K
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)