You've Got To See This!
Miami paper congratulates wrong team for NBA championship
MIAMI (KABC) -- A major Miami newspaper printed a Macy's advertisement that congratulated the Miami Heat for winning the NBA championship.
There's one problem. The Heat didn't win. The Dallas Mavericks won the championship.
The Macy's ad in the Miami Herald read, "Congratulations Miami" next to pictures of Heat championship T-shirts and hats for sale. One T-shirt read "Heat 2011 NBA Finals Champions" and the ad showed the Heat's logo on a hat with the words "NBA Champions."
Locals did not find the ad amusing.
"That's a bone-headed move and just kind of rubbing it in our face," said one Miami resident.
The Miami Herald issued a correction and apologized. A Macy's spokeswoman says it's an unfortunate error and also apologized to Heat fans.
The Mavericks beat the Heat 105-95 in game six of the NBA finals on Sunday in Miami.
The Associated Press contributed to this story
dallas mavericks, miami heat, you've got to see this!
- Target probe focuses on processing centers 20 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers 17 min ago
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable 27 min ago
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talks 'Duck Dynasty' future 45 min ago