You've Got To See This!
Assault rifle left on top of Seattle police car
SEATTLE (KABC) -- The Seattle Police Department is embarrassed after officers left an semi-automatic assault rifle on top of a squad car.
Apparently an officer, who was unloading his vehicle in the police garage, set the rifle on the trunk of a nearby car. Another officer then got in that car, drove off and went to a Starbucks.
The gun, which police say was probably loaded, didn't fall off during the drive. Two people spotted the rifle on the parked car and alerted officers on bikes.
Typically, an officer is either reprimanded or suspended for a day or two when a gun is left unattended.
you've got to see this!
- Van Nuys road rage: 2 well-dressed men fight
- Wrong-way driver causes 8-car pileup on 14 Fwy
- SoCal fire season could be worst in 100 years
- South LA chase ends with crash, standoff
- West Hills murder suspect caught in motel room
- 911 caller in Pasadena shooting pleads guilty
- Motorcycle fleeing police crashes; 2 dead
- Dog goes missing from Norco grooming shop
- Passenger rants about poison, CIA on plane
- abcnews: Victim's grandson welcomes release of killer
- G8 meeting: Divisions over Syrian civil war
- Yoga may help kids' mental, physical health
- Jackson trial: Former record exec testifies
- OTRC: 'Girl Meets World' getting full series