You've Got To See This!
Assault rifle left on top of Seattle police car
SEATTLE (KABC) -- The Seattle Police Department is embarrassed after officers left an semi-automatic assault rifle on top of a squad car.
Apparently an officer, who was unloading his vehicle in the police garage, set the rifle on the trunk of a nearby car. Another officer then got in that car, drove off and went to a Starbucks.
The gun, which police say was probably loaded, didn't fall off during the drive. Two people spotted the rifle on the parked car and alerted officers on bikes.
Typically, an officer is either reprimanded or suspended for a day or two when a gun is left unattended.
you've got to see this!
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 39 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 27 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal 45 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis