You've Got To See This!
Assault rifle left on top of Seattle police car
SEATTLE (KABC) -- The Seattle Police Department is embarrassed after officers left an semi-automatic assault rifle on top of a squad car.
Apparently an officer, who was unloading his vehicle in the police garage, set the rifle on the trunk of a nearby car. Another officer then got in that car, drove off and went to a Starbucks.
The gun, which police say was probably loaded, didn't fall off during the drive. Two people spotted the rifle on the parked car and alerted officers on bikes.
Typically, an officer is either reprimanded or suspended for a day or two when a gun is left unattended.
you've got to see this!
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2