You've Got To See This!
Man stung by scorpion on Alaska flight
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KABC) -- An Alaska Airlines passenger encountered a scorpion during a flight. Jeff Ellis was sleeping on a flight from Seattle to Anchorage with his girlfriend.
He felt a tickle on his arm and brushed it aside without looking. There was a second tickle.
"Felt it again, and that's when I saw. 'That's a scorpion,'" said Ellis.
"At first I didn't believe him, and then I saw it," said Ellis's girlfriend, Suzanne Foster. "He held the napkin up for me to see, and I saw the tail wiggling and I pretty much jumped out of my seat."
Ellis's scorpion sting wasn't serious, but paramedics in Anchorage had to look up "scorpion" on the Internet because they're so rare in Alaska.
The airline says it probably came from a previous flight from Texas.
For his pain, Ellis got an apology and two free round-trip tickets.
airplane, animal news, you've got to see this!
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions 43 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Alison Arngrim speaks about sex abuse
40 min ago