You've Got To See This!
Man stung by scorpion on Alaska flight
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KABC) -- An Alaska Airlines passenger encountered a scorpion during a flight. Jeff Ellis was sleeping on a flight from Seattle to Anchorage with his girlfriend.
He felt a tickle on his arm and brushed it aside without looking. There was a second tickle.
"Felt it again, and that's when I saw. 'That's a scorpion,'" said Ellis.
"At first I didn't believe him, and then I saw it," said Ellis's girlfriend, Suzanne Foster. "He held the napkin up for me to see, and I saw the tail wiggling and I pretty much jumped out of my seat."
Ellis's scorpion sting wasn't serious, but paramedics in Anchorage had to look up "scorpion" on the Internet because they're so rare in Alaska.
The airline says it probably came from a previous flight from Texas.
For his pain, Ellis got an apology and two free round-trip tickets.
airplane, animal news, you've got to see this!
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'