You've Got To See This!
Man stung by scorpion on Alaska flight
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KABC) -- An Alaska Airlines passenger encountered a scorpion during a flight. Jeff Ellis was sleeping on a flight from Seattle to Anchorage with his girlfriend.
He felt a tickle on his arm and brushed it aside without looking. There was a second tickle.
"Felt it again, and that's when I saw. 'That's a scorpion,'" said Ellis.
"At first I didn't believe him, and then I saw it," said Ellis's girlfriend, Suzanne Foster. "He held the napkin up for me to see, and I saw the tail wiggling and I pretty much jumped out of my seat."
Ellis's scorpion sting wasn't serious, but paramedics in Anchorage had to look up "scorpion" on the Internet because they're so rare in Alaska.
The airline says it probably came from a previous flight from Texas.
For his pain, Ellis got an apology and two free round-trip tickets.
airplane, animal news, you've got to see this!
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store 16 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week 35 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour