Gumby robber turns himself in to San Diego police
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- San Diego's "Gumby bandit" has finally decided to come clean.
Jacob Kiss turned himself in to police on Tuesday, with an alleged accomplice. The 19-year-old also brought along the Gumby costume he wore on Labor Day during an attempted robbery.
Police say a man dressed in a Gumby costume and an accomplice went into a 7-Eleven in Rancho Penasquitos and told the clerk it was a robbery.
The clerk thought it was a prank and dismissed him. Both then left the store.
Officials say the surrender was voluntary. Authorities are now deciding whether to prosecute.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
san diego, robbery, bizarre news
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court 54 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing 28 min ago
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- Abducted Palmdale children found safe
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Indio High student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- NFL fines Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000
- Gabor husband, daughter fight over spending
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film
- New video game helps young cancer patients
6 min ago