$16K diamond found in Spanish thief's stomach
MADRID, Spain (KABC) -- A diamond worth $16,500 was found in a burglary suspect's stomach in Madrid, police said Wednesday.
A British woman reported to police that her purse had been stolen in a Marbella restaurant.
Police stopped a car later in the day with four men inside, all with criminal records. The tourist's purse was found in the car. All four men were detained.
One officer saw one of the suspects put his hand to his mouth. That suspect was taken to a hospital to be X-rayed, revealing the diamond in his stomach.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
burglary, stupid criminals, bizarre news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale 58 min ago
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Suspect killed in Alhambra PD station ID'ed 19 min ago
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Damaged trains being removed from Conn. site
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- OTRC: Kelly Rowland in talks to be 'X Factor' judge