$16K diamond found in Spanish thief's stomach
MADRID, Spain (KABC) -- A diamond worth $16,500 was found in a burglary suspect's stomach in Madrid, police said Wednesday.
A British woman reported to police that her purse had been stolen in a Marbella restaurant.
Police stopped a car later in the day with four men inside, all with criminal records. The tourist's purse was found in the car. All four men were detained.
One officer saw one of the suspects put his hand to his mouth. That suspect was taken to a hospital to be X-rayed, revealing the diamond in his stomach.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
burglary, stupid criminals, bizarre news
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court 1 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- 405 South crash: 11 hurt in 8-vehicle pileup
- Indio High student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Abducted Palmdale children found safe
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- Baby falls out of stroller in wild robbery
- NFL fines Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized 55 min ago
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film
- Gabor husband, daughter fight over spending
2 min ago