15-year-old girl deters armed home invasion in Fla.
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (KABC) -- A 15-year-old in central Florida took matters into her own hands when a group of suspected thieves burst into her family's house.
Ciara Bailey was in her room when the suspects confronted her great-grandmother and little brother, demanding money at gunpoint.
The teen immediately rushed the suspects, chasing them out of the house and diving right into their car as they tried to get away.
"I ran, I jumped in the car and I started fighting one of them and then that's when all of them started hitting me, and I was actually hitting all of them and then they said, 'We're going to shoot you. We're going to shoot you,'" Bailey described.
Bailey said the driver stopped the car and got out. At that point, neighbors jumped in and took the guns away from the suspects.
Four teenagers were arrested in the incident.
home invasion, robbery, bizarre news
- Video released in attack of transgender woman 54 min ago
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 45 min ago
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director 34 min ago
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7 37 min ago
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- California DMV tackles 'driverless car'...
21 min ago