Controversy over 'Whitey' Bulger costume
BOSTON (KABC) -- For $40, you can dress up as notorious mobster James "Whitey" Bulger this Halloween.
The costume is hitting store shelves in the Boston area, but not without controversy.
Some can't wait to try it on, while others are disgusted by the idea of someone making a costume of a man accused of murdering 19 people.
"People who lost loved ones absolutely would be offended by it," said one man in the Boston area. "I would be too if I lost somebody."
When shown the costume, another man said, "I think it's outstanding. I'd wear it. I'd give you a million bucks for that thing right now."
The costume is an orange prison jumpsuit with "Whitey" written on the back and "Busted" on the front.
The store selling the outfit says it's seeing brisk sales of costumes that portray villains.
halloween, bizarre news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 13 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)