Controversy over 'Whitey' Bulger costume
BOSTON (KABC) -- For $40, you can dress up as notorious mobster James "Whitey" Bulger this Halloween.
The costume is hitting store shelves in the Boston area, but not without controversy.
Some can't wait to try it on, while others are disgusted by the idea of someone making a costume of a man accused of murdering 19 people.
"People who lost loved ones absolutely would be offended by it," said one man in the Boston area. "I would be too if I lost somebody."
When shown the costume, another man said, "I think it's outstanding. I'd wear it. I'd give you a million bucks for that thing right now."
The costume is an orange prison jumpsuit with "Whitey" written on the back and "Busted" on the front.
The store selling the outfit says it's seeing brisk sales of costumes that portray villains.
halloween, bizarre news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 46 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum 59 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry