Paintings by penguins sold at Colo. zoo for good cause
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KABC) -- African Penguin Awareness Day was celebrated around the world to help raise awareness for the endangered species.
A zoo in Colorado Springs, Colo. began selling penguin artwork to raise money for the cause, which was celebrated Saturday.
Zookeepers chose the paint colors and placed the paint on a tray for the penguins to walk through.
The paintings are selling for anywhere between $5 and $20.
animal news, bizarre news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 58 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months