Paintings by penguins sold at Colo. zoo for good cause
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KABC) -- African Penguin Awareness Day was celebrated around the world to help raise awareness for the endangered species.
A zoo in Colorado Springs, Colo. began selling penguin artwork to raise money for the cause, which was celebrated Saturday.
Zookeepers chose the paint colors and placed the paint on a tray for the penguins to walk through.
The paintings are selling for anywhere between $5 and $20.
animal news, bizarre news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 4 min ago
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale 16 min ago
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)