YouTube: Kayaker rides alongside blue whale in Redondo Beach
REDONDO BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A kayaker got up close and personal with a blue whale just a few miles off the Southern California coast in Redondo Beach.
The breathtaking encounter was posted on YouTube.
Sightings of the blue whale off our coast used to be rare, but we've seen more blue whales over the past five years.
It's not clear whether that's because there are more blue whales, or because their migration pattern has changed.
beach, animal news, bizarre news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 15 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed 38 min ago
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video 32 min ago
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants