Miami cop cuffed for speeding, not pulling over
MIAMI (KABC) -- A police officer, of all people, was arrested for speeding in Miami, and it was all caught on tape.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the officer was spotted weaving in and out of lanes, topping speeds of 120 mph and ignoring all warnings to pull over.
When the officer finally came to a stop, the trooper drew her gun in fear the car had been stolen.
When that wasn't the case, she handcuffed the officer just like she would anyone else.
In the footage, Officer Fausto Lopez, who was being arrested, can be heard saying, "Honestly, the handcuffs are not necessary, ma'am," adding that he intended to be fully cooperative.
"'You know, what you are to me? You are a criminal," responded FHP trooper D.J. Watts.
Lopez said he was trying to get to his off-duty job at a school. He was cited with a misdemeanor moving violation.
arrest, caught on tape, bizarre news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 35 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere