Designer develops fabric made of milk protein
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Got milk - in your closet? A German designer has come up with a new fabric made entirely of milk protein.
The designer used the fabric for her MCC fashion line this year. Next year, the biochemist plans to start mass producing the fabric.
It's made by reducing milk down to a protein powder, boiling that and pressing it into strands that can be made into fabric.
The designer said the textile not only drapes and folds well for clothing, but it's also soft and soothing, which is good for people with skin allergies.
fashion, bizarre news
- Woman attacked in OC mall parking structure 1 min ago
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion 16 min ago
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor 35 min ago
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Holiday shopping tips, ideas to save money
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Lea Michele talks about Cory Monteith (Video) 13 min ago