Designer develops fabric made of milk protein
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Got milk - in your closet? A German designer has come up with a new fabric made entirely of milk protein.
The designer used the fabric for her MCC fashion line this year. Next year, the biochemist plans to start mass producing the fabric.
It's made by reducing milk down to a protein powder, boiling that and pressing it into strands that can be made into fabric.
The designer said the textile not only drapes and folds well for clothing, but it's also soft and soothing, which is good for people with skin allergies.
fashion, bizarre news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 29 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train 46 min ago
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February 5 min ago
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion 12 min ago
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
39 min ago