Designer develops fabric made of milk protein
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Got milk - in your closet? A German designer has come up with a new fabric made entirely of milk protein.
The designer used the fabric for her MCC fashion line this year. Next year, the biochemist plans to start mass producing the fabric.
It's made by reducing milk down to a protein powder, boiling that and pressing it into strands that can be made into fabric.
The designer said the textile not only drapes and folds well for clothing, but it's also soft and soothing, which is good for people with skin allergies.
fashion, bizarre news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley 25 min ago
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- Communications satellite launched into space
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert